With four branch locations in Wisconsin, Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental, Inc. has offered crane rental solutions in the Midwest and beyond since 1947. In 1978, Dawes became a member of the ALL Family of Companies. In 1993, the branch was located in Chippewa Falls, but by 2006, it moved to its current, larger location in Elk Mound.
In 2016, the branch expanded, adding an impressive 14,400 square feet to the facility, including three drive-through service bays and a dedicated wash bay. The new service bays facilitate quicker turnaround on maintenance and repair jobs, meaning shorter downtime for customers. The expansion also included conference and classroom space for employee and customer training.
Read “Forward”, a Lift Line article profiling this branch.
The Dawes History
NEW EQUIPMENT DEALER FOR:
JLG, LULL, National Crane, Potain, Shuttlelift, Link-Belt, Genie, Terex, Skytrak and Broderson.
- Link-Belt HTC86100. This is the largest machine that can be moved on Wisconsin roads self-contained (requires no outside assist trucks). This machine features a 140-foot, five-section main boom, jib from 35 to 58 feet ,and a maximum tip height of 206 feet. It can travel on the highway at speeds up to 62.8 mph.
- Manitowoc MLC300
- Mobile elevating work platform (MEWP) and telehandler equipment. Elk Mound has a full range of electric and engine-powered MEWPs with lifting heights from 16 to 185 feet in scissors, straight boom, and articulating boom models. It also offers a full range of telehandlers in capacities ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 pounds, with lifting heights to 55 feet.
- Every Dawes location benefits from the entire ALL Family fleet, including crawler cranes (up to 1,000 USt), all-terrain cranes (up to 900-USt), hydraulic truck cranes (up to 140-USt), rough terrain cranes (up to 150-USt), industrial cranes (up to 25-USt), tower cranes (up to 35-USt) and often, aerial equipment and material handlers.
- Voted #1 crane rental house in Wisconsin 2017
- Sand Mining: One of Elk Mound’s strongest revenue sources over the last decade has been from supporting Wisconsin’s burgeoning sand mining industry. NW Wisconsin is blessed with areas in which sugar sand makes up the primary soil base. More so, the natural gas/oil drilling explosion that occurred throughout the country over the last several years found that the sand specific to NW Wisconsin was perfect for use in fracking operations. Therefore, sand mining companies have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into sand mining operations throughout NW Wisconsin. The construction of these mines is very crane- and MEWP-intensive and has proved to be ideal for Dawes’ state-of-the-art equipment. There is not a sand-mining operation in NW Wisconsin for which Dawes Elk Mound has not supplied equipment.
- Bridgework: Another special project that we are supporting is the Franklin Avenue Bridge renovation in downtown Minneapolis. Dawes Elk Mound has three Manitowoc 16000s (440-USt crawler crane) and two Manitowoc 2250s (300-USt crawler crane) rented to Kraemer North America for this highly anticipated, nearly $50 M civil construction project.
AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER FOR LOAD KING CRANES
Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental can service Load King boom trucks, truck cranes and Terex legacy products for customers in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Please contact us directly to learn more about how we service Load King cranes or to start your service request.