June 25, 2014 -- In late May, ALL Crane safety managers from across the country came together in Cleveland to attend a week-long summit on safety. This forum consisted of classes, meetings and hands-on training focused on comprehensive preparation, planning, sharing of best practices and skills improvement across a variety of safety-related areas. The seminar was well attended, with approximately 15 safety managers from different branches in attendance, and an array of impressive presenters offering interactive training and classroom-style lectures, with active Q&A.
The seminar's agenda included the following sessions and presenters:
- Mobile Crane Inspection/Rigging Inspection - presented by the Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Fundamentals - presented by Zurich Insurance Group
- Environmental Compliance and Waste Stream Management - presented by EnviroServe
- Drug-Free Workplace Training and DOT Substance Abuse Training - presented by Marty Herf of Herf & Associates/Drug-Free Solutions
- Fall Protection: Demonstrations and Product Review - Presented by Capital Safety's DBI Sala Fall Protection Products
"Investment like this into regular training of managers and employees can translate into lives saved," explains Kirk Ward, safety director of the ALL Family of Companies, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. "By asking our safety managers to take a break from their daily interactions with the men and woman at our yards, we do more than sharpen their focus and enhance their skills - we create ambassadors for a corporate commitment to safety that runs throughout the entire ALL Family."